Scalp micropigmentation is a cosmetic tattoo that gives the illusion of a close up buzz cut hairstyle on a shaved head or the technique can also be used as a fill in on a thinning head of hair to give the illusion of fuller hair.
This procedure restores your natural hairline and can also be used to conceal scars, or hide birthmarks.
SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation)
Scalp Micro Pigmentation (SMP) is a medical grade technique of depositing pigment into the upper layer of the skin on the scalp. This technique is a hair follicle replication on the scalp, which gives the appearance of having a full head of hair or a recently shaved head.
We colour match the pigment to your skin complexion so this treatment works for clients with pale to dark skin tones.
Whether you have red hair, blonde hair or grey hair, the SMP method can benefit you! This treatment is non-invasive and requires no surgery.
What are the benefits of having a SMP treatment?
- Appear to have a full head of shaved hair or fresh buzz cut.
- Simulate realistic hair follicles and recreate your hairline.
- Increase self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Hide scars, burns, hair transplant scars or birthmarks.
- Restore hairline for all types and levels of baldness.
- Camouflage thinning hair or bald spots for men and women.
- Increase appearance of hair density for men and women.
What types of balding can SMP help with?
- Crown balding.
- Receding hairline.
- Semi or complete baldness.
- Thinning hair.
- Post partum hair loss.
- Hair transplant, medical, accident or injury related scars.
PRICING – By Consultation
Maintenance is recommended to maintain desired results and touch ups are recommended every 9-24 months.
Note: If it has been more than 2 years, you will not qualify for the touch up rate.
Note: If work was done elsewhere, you will need to book a permanent makeup consultation or email pictures – we will look at the work to see if you are a good candidate.
There is no warranty, guarantee or refunds with permanent makeup – failure to follow aftercare instructions will result in substandard results.
SMP cannot be done if you have:
- Blood Clots.
- Infectious diseases.
- Heart or liver disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Antibiotic therapy.
- Blood thinner therapy.
- Wash your hair/scalp the day of the appointment as the area can’t get wet for 4 days and you need to avoid shampoos and soaps for a
- Do not drink heavily before the appointment as it can cause the blood to the thin.
- Avoid sweating (running or exercise).
- Avoid scrubbing or using abrasives on the scalp.
- No shampooing or washing the scalp for the first week after SMP.