Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment where we use fine needles to create tiny punctures in the top layer of the skin. This triggers the body to naturally increase collagen production resulting in plump, smooth skin.
Microneedling is for men and women who are unhappy with the appearance of their skin or want to prevent premature aging.
Microneedling improves texture, firmness and the appearance of stretch marks, pores, fine lines, wrinkles and stretch marks.
This procedure is safe for all skin types and colours, and can be anywhere on the body. It can also be used on sensitive or fragile areas such as eyelids, neck and back of hands or to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
Microneedling should not be preformed if you have:
- Used Accutane within the last 6 months.
- Open wounds, cuts or abrasions.
- Had radiation skin in the last year.
- Skin infections, conditions or herpes simplex in the area of concern.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Hypertrophic scars.
- Poor wound healing.
- Avoid waxing one week prior to microneedling.
- Ensure all Botox, filler, microdermabrasion, laser hair removal or photo rejuvenation appointments are at least two weeks before or after microneedling.
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning beds for at least 10 days prior to microneedling.
- Avoid chemical exfoliates (AHA, retinol).
- The skin will be slightly pink for up to 48 hours post procedure, hyaluronic acid will help reduce inflammation.
- Do not ice your face, use provided aftercare ointment.
- Do not wear makeup for a minimum of 48-72 hours after
- Avoid glycolic acid, retinol, alcohol-based products, acidic or “active” ingredients for 3-4 days post procedure to maximize healing and lessen irritation.
- Direct sun exposure is also not recommended for 10 days and sunscreen is encouraged daily.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications for one week.
ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴏᴜʀ sɪsᴛᴇʀ @smpbliss
♥ ᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇᴜᴘ
♥ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇᴜᴘ
♥ ᴍɪᴄʀᴏɴᴇᴇᴅʟɪɴɢ & ʙʙ ɢʟᴏᴡ
♥ ʙʀᴏᴡ ʜᴇɴɴᴀ & ʟᴀᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
♥ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ & ғʀᴀɴᴄʜɪsɪɴɢ