Lip Blush Healing Process
Day 1: Lips are swollen & sore, colour is bright & bold
Day 2: Minor swelling may still be present, lips feel tight, colour has darkened
Day 3-7: Lips begin to peel & flake (no picking!), the colour underneath will appear very soft, lips feel dry (moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!)
4-6 weeks: Colour will “blossom” and slowly return, may appear patchy in some areas. Continue to moisturize!
8 weeks: Touch up day to even/adjust colour & perfect symmetry!
- Use clean Q-TIPS to apply antibiotic ointment 3 times daily for 3 days. After 3 days, you can continue to use what is left or use a lip balm to keep them moisturized.
- Avoid eating spicy and salty food. Use straw to drink for the first few days
- No direct sun exposure while healing (3-4 weeks)
- Avoid soaps/facial cleansers/water/on pigmented areas (wash around them) for 10-14 days.
- No cosmetics in the area for at least 7-10 days as cosmetics can alter the desired color.
- DO NOT directly shower the treated area for 10-14 days.
- DO NOT rub, scratch or pick any crust along the tattooed area. Early removal of pigment crusts may result in lost color.
- Avoid swimming and exfoliating for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid applying exfoliates or AHA/glycolic acid products to the tattooed area for at least 2 weeks.
Long Term Care:
- Use a good sunscreen daily on tattooed area, otherwise the color will fade faster.
- Our pigment is iron-oxide based, which your body absorbs as mineral irons, so the color will fade over time. You may need a touch-up every 1-3 years. The fading speed depends on your skin type. Example: Pigment applied to oily skin will fade quicker.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI or other medical procedure, please say that you had an iron-oxide cosmetic tattoo.
- If you are planning to have laser treatment, tell your laser specialist to avoid the pigmented area. Laser may cause the pigment to turn black.
Permanent make up is a GREAT option for busy mommas! However, we cannot perform permanent makeup services while pregnant and here's why...Having a permanent makeup service while breastfeeding is possible, but not advised. Due to hormone levels, pigment retention will...
Permanent makeup can be a great way to restore confidence & feel your best after cancer treatment. At Bliss, our goal is to ease the psychological effects of having cancer, hair loss being one of the most gut wrenching for some individuals. By using permanent...
For the first 3-6 days, the color intensity of your procedure will be significantly brighter or darker, as well as larger and sharper than what is expected for the final outcome. Although the area will appear healed after 10 days, it will not be fully healed for 6...
We have all spent most of our lives tweezing, waxing, threading, filling in and drawing on our brows in hopes to achieve the “perfect” brow. There are many factors that can affect our eyebrow hair growth including age, over tweezing, scars, chemotherapy, alopecia,...
MICRONEEDLING Microneedling (CIT) is a procedure that treats specific skin damage that reaches into the dermis (the next layer of skin that is below the epidermis) such as: fine lines and wrinkles, hypertrophic scars (caused by acne, burns and surgery), stretch marks,...
Lip Blush is a semi-permanent lip liner and colour to correct pigment, lip colour and it reshape your natural lips. We apply a customized pigment to add definition and conceal imperfections based on your skin tone and desired look. The final result will look like a...
Your skin and the role it plays in permanent makeup, the work won’t always heal the way you envision it if you have problematic skin. Let us explain why. - Did you know that our SKIN is the human body’s largest organ? - Did you know our skin sheds dead cells...
Y A Y, you’ve decided to book an appointment with us at Bliss Permanent Cosmetics to get your brows done! With Hairstoke Brows (Microblading) or a Combo Brows, we are confident we will help you achieve the brows you’ve been dreaming of! In saying that, there are a...
The brow healing process is just that - a PROCESS! We always tell our clients what to expect in the 4 week period following their brow service, however, there have been times when panic sets in and clients worry that what they are experiencing is not a normal part of...