Dermaplaning is one of the most effective and safe treatments for dealing with skin issues such as dullness, wrinkles and breakouts.
It uses the body’s own healing mechanisms to recreate beautiful skin.
Dermaplaning uses feather like strokes with a medical instrument to gently lift the dull, dead skin and vellus hair commonly known as “peach fuzz.“
Dermaplaning is a professional exfoliation treatment, which improves the penetration of skincare and application of cosmetics. It can be a base for microneedling and BB Glow for greater benefits.
It is a great alternative to services such as microneedling, chemical peels and microdermabrasion for those who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have sensitive skin.
- Call the clinic if you are on medications or have a medical condition that could affect the procedure.
- Avoid waxing, shaving, peels or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to the procedure.
- Any Botox or filler appointments should be two week before or after dermaplaning.
- Avoid retinols and scrubs for at least 72 hours.
- Avoid submerging the treated area in a chlorinated pool or hot tub.
- Avoid sun exposure and sunscreen is recommended.
- Avoid heavily sweating during workouts, saunas or steam rooms.